Welcome.
I'd like to start off by explaining what my goal in creating and sharing these is/was...
Most commercially sold protein bars, cereal bars, and energy bars are basically candy bars that are loaded with empty carbs and overly processed ingredients. I wanted to make something that was good for both of us ..but would also keep my husband full and energized for his morning work outs and long days. I wanted a bar that was high in protein, fiber, was not overly sweet nor carb-y, and had good fats. I wanted long burning sugars and something that was raw...so we could get all the goodness from the nuts, carbs, oats and seeds, brans, flax, and fruit that is mixed in.
I wanted to make a bar made with wholesome ingredients (and good quality chocolate!) that I could pronounce. Most of all, I wanted the bars to be delicious. I did not want to pay money for preservatives that I received no benefit from.
So here we are..
This is just a second run on these treats. Please feel free to leave me suggestions and comments.
Since the Bars have zero preservatives I store them in the freezer in a ziploc bag. I have, however, left them out and they were fine but I would not leave them out overnight. They come to room temperature quickly and are really delicious.
I have done my best to provide the most accurate nutrition information available to me. Right now it is just for the base of the bars and bombs. Adding in fruit, extra nuts and additional proteins will up/alter the calorie and fat count depending on the ingredients. Right now I am still experimenting with the "add ins" and variables so I will update the nutrition information as best as I can as I go.
I have done my best to provide the most accurate nutrition information available to me. Right now it is just for the base of the bars and bombs. Adding in fruit, extra nuts and additional proteins will up/alter the calorie and fat count depending on the ingredients. Right now I am still experimenting with the "add ins" and variables so I will update the nutrition information as best as I can as I go.
Please rest assured I would never add in a 'crap' or 'garbage' ingredient or anything that was not natural or organic or a pure 'worthy' energy. That is totally not the point of these bars.
I will always work my hardest to provide a quality product.
Thanks for trying out the bars and bombs!
ENERGY BOMB BASE
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2 BOMBS
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 23.1
Sodium 35.01mg Total Carbohydrate 12.09g
Dietary Fiber 1.84g Sugars 5.95g Protein 18.48g
*CALORIES AND/OR FAT WILL INCREASE WITH ADDITION OF EXTRA PROTEIN, NUTS, FRUIT AND CACAO*
RAW BAR BASE
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 3.5g
Sodium 103.81mg Total Carbohydrate 24.74g Dietary Fiber 15.46g Sugars 11.54g Protein 34.05g
*CALORIES AND/OR FAT WILL INCREASE WITH ADDTION OF EXTRA PROTEIN, NUTS,FRUIT AND CACAO*
PEANUT BUTTER & ‘JELLY’ RAW PROTEIN BAR:
HOMEMADE FRESH GROUND PEANUT BUTTER, RAW OATS, PROTEIN POWDER,OAT FLOUR, OAT BRAN, FLAXSEED, WHEATGERM RAW HONEY, DRY MILK, DRIED CHERRIES, DRIED DATES, PEANUTS
CRANBERRY ALMOND BARS: homemade almond butter, raw oats, flax, oat bran, wheat germ, protein, raw honey, cinnamon, vanilla, cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, golden raisins and pumpkin seeds.
CACAO NUT ENERGY BOMBS:
brown rice syrup, puffed brown rice, homemade peanut & almond butters, cacao, protein powder, long processing oat bran and psyllium husk.
No comments:
Post a Comment